Scripps National Spelling Bee
Scripps Sponsors:Rutland Herald/ Barre Times Argus is the lead Sponsor. The Vermont Humanities Council, Vermont Agency of Education and Vermont Principals Association are co-sponsors of this event.
To Register your School's Champion please go to http://www.spellingbee.com. Login. Deadline for registering winners is March 6th, 2015.
How to Register your Champion:
School champion registration is available in your area through March 6. Schools may follow the steps below to register a school champion: 1. Visit spellingbee.com
.2. Enter your user name and password in the upper right corner of the home page.
3. Click the yellow double arrow button.
4. Select School Champion Registration from the left menu.
2015 Important Dates
1) Sponsor for the Vermont Regional Scripps competition is the Rutland Herald/Barre Times-Argus.
2) Schools have until January 29, 2015 (updated 1/13/2015) to enroll on the Scripps website.http://www.spellingbee.com
3) Competitions for local schools will be from February 3 - February 28, 2015.
4) Vermont competition will be on March 19th, 2015
5) Vermont winner participate in the national competition in late May 2015 in Washington, D.C.
Vermont Scripps Competition March 19th, 2015
Competition starts at 3:30pm
Note: to Spellers please arrive between 2:45pm- 3:00pm.
Directions to McCarthy Recital Hall at St. Michael’s College
From points south of Burlington take I-89 North to Exit 15 (Winooski). Turn right, go up the hill, College will be on your left. Take the first turn into the college and drive straight back. The Playhouse Building will be on your right. The McCarthy Recital Hall is there.
From points north of Burlington take I-89 South to Exit 16. Take aright off the exit, and follow Rte. 7 South to junction of Rte. 15 (center of Winooski). Follow Rte. 15East for approximately one mile. College is on the left. Take the first turn into the College. Drive straight back. The Playhouse Building will be on your right. The McCarthy Recital Hall is there.