Scripps National Spelling Bee
Scripps Sponsors:Rutland Herald/ Barre Times Argus is the lead Sponsor. The Vermont Humanities Council, Vermont Agency of Education and Vermont Principals Association are co-sponsors of this event.
2016 Scripps Early Bird Registration Discount Deadline has been extended to December 11th, 2015 . To register for the 2016 Scripps go to http://spellingbee.com, click on "Enroll in the Bee". Registration includes "Virtual Bee in a Box"- study words for students, pronouncer guides, rules, certificates & more.
2016 Important Dates
1) Sponsor for the Vermont Regional Scripps competition is the Rutland Herald/Barre Times-Argus.
2) Schools have until January 29, 2016 to enroll on the Scripps website.http://www.spellingbee.com
3) Competitions for local schools will be from February 1 - March 4th, 2016.
4) Deadline for registering winners is March 7th, 2016. 6) Vermont winner participate in the national competition in late May 2016 in Washington, D.C.
5) Vermont competition will be on March 23rd, 2016
Deadline for registering winners is March 7th, 2016.
1. Visit spellingbee.com
.2. Enter your user name and password in the upper right corner of the home page.
3. Click the yellow double arrow button.
4. Select School Champion Registration from the left menu.
Vermont Scripps Competition March 23rd, 2016
Competition starts at 3:30pm
Note: to Spellers please arrive between 2:45pm- 3:00pm.
Directions to McCarthy Recital Hall at St. Michael’s College
From points south of Burlington take I-89 North to Exit 15 (Winooski). Turn right, go up the hill, College will be on your left. Take the first turn into the college and drive straight back. The Playhouse Building will be on your right. The McCarthy Recital Hall is there.
From points north of Burlington take I-89 South to Exit 16. Take aright off the exit, and follow Rte. 7 South to junction of Rte. 15 (center of Winooski). Follow Rte. 15East for approximately one mile. College is on the left. Take the first turn into the College. Drive straight back. The Playhouse Building will be on your right. The McCarthy Recital Hall is there.