Congratulations to our 2018 Vermont Scripps Spelling Bee winner,
1st Place - Raghav Dhandi from Main Street School.
2nd Place - Emma Hoover from Arlington Memorial School
3rd Place - Brendyn Gagnon from Richford Jr/Sr High School
Scripps National Spelling Bee
Scripps Sponsors: VT Digger is the lead Sponsor. The Vermont Humanities Council and Vermont Principals Association are co-sponsors of this event.To register for the 2018 Scripps go to http://spellingbee.com, click on "Enroll in the Bee". Registration includes "Virtual Bee in a Box"- study words for students, pronouncer guides, rules, certificates & more.2018 Important Dates
2) Schools have until January 30, 2018 to enroll on the Scripps website.http://www.spellingbee.com
3) Competitions for local schools will be from February 1 - March 3rd, 2018.4) Deadline for registering winners is March 7th, 2018.6) Vermont winner participate in the national competition in late May 2018 in Washington, D.C.
5) Vermont competition will be on March 21st, 2018
To Register your School's Champion please go to http://www.spellingbee.com. Login.Deadline for registering winners is March 7th, 2018.1. Visit spellingbee.com.
2. Enter your user name and password in the upper right corner of the home page.
3. Click the yellow double arrow button.
4. Select School Champion Registration from the left menu.
Vermont Scripps Competition March 21st, 2018Competition starts at 4:30pmNote: to Spellers please arrive between 3:00 - 3:45pm.Directions to McCarthy Recital Hall at St. Michael’s College
From points south of Burlington take I-89 North to Exit 15 (Winooski). Turn right, go up the hill, College will be on your left. Take the first turn into the college and drive straight back. The Playhouse Building will be on your right. The McCarthy Recital Hall is there.
From points north of Burlington take I-89 South to Exit 16. Take aright off the exit, and follow Rte. 7 South to junction of Rte. 15 (center of Winooski). Follow Rte. 15East for approximately one mile. College is on the left. Take the first turn into the College. Drive straight back. The Playhouse Building will be on your right. The McCarthy Recital Hall is there.