2018 Academy Exceeded Expectations!
Thanks for coming!
VPA’s 2018 Leadership Academy
Equity, Change and School Leadership
July 31, August 1 & 2, 2018
Killington Grand Resort, Killington, Vermont
Special Guest: Pedro Noguera
Distinguished Professor of Education at the Graduate School of Education and Information Studies and Faculty Director for the Center for the Transformation of Schools at UCLA.
Seven Educational Strands (Wednesday):
1. Leading Vermont Schools Toward Equity Rebecca Holcombe (Strand Slides)
2. Leadership for Collective Efficacy Greg Cameron, CCL
3. Building Self-Regulation in the Classroom: Mindsets + Skill Sets = Results Kathleen Kryza, Infinite Horizons
4. From Top-Down and Bottom-up: How Schools Become Trauma-Transformed David Melnick, NFI Vermont
5. Leadership and Learning: The Role of Mobile Devices Matt Brooks, Apple, Inc.
6. Understanding Whiteness in a Multi-Cultural Society Jonathan Miller-Lane, Middlebury College
7. Equity, Change & School Leadership Pedro Noguera, UCLA (strand slides)
SAVE THE DATE! July 30 & 31, and August 1, 2019
2019 VPA Leadership Academy
Stoweflake Resort and Spa
Special Guest: Ruha Benjamin, Princeton University
(Ruha is hosting a special workshop for Principals and Superintendents at Rowland Foundation's annual conference, October 23rd, 2018 at UVM)
Contact Linda Wheatley at the VPA for more info.